For centuries scientists tried to understand how starlings move in this unified mass. We now know that each bird's movements affects their closest seven neighbors, and this helps the flock avoid harm.
The velocity of one bird affects the velocity of all.
When goals and processes align, conflict is minimized and unity can be achieved.
CHS STAFF & EXECUTIVE RETREATS
our annual staff appreciation day, where they were tasked with helping our 100+ employees build deeper connections to improve working relationships and become more effective advocates for our mission. I give Kenny and his team the highest recommendation. Hire him! You will be very thankful you did." - Sarah Miller
ABOUT OUR SERVICES
CHS is a management consulting and organizational development group that works with a variety of organizational types to assess their needs and goals, make recommendations for improving efficiency, and fine-tuning strategies for getting the work done more effectively.
We are certified change management consultants (Kilmann Diagnostics) specializing in group-level training, team-building, and change/conflict management approaches to helping organizations and teams function effectively and harmoniously. We take into account the size and makeup of a group, what they identify as the primary strengths and weaknesses, their goals and objectives, how new or old the team is, and generational & cultural differences that may be contributing to a lack of understanding or productivity.
We incorporate highly tailored group facilitation practices, adult learning principles, behavioral science, and humor into all of our approaches to improving the health and well-being of an organization and its personnel.
CHS uses time-tested team-building & conflict resolution tools and strategies tailored to the needs and culture of each organization we serve.
- Team Maturity Assessment (Forming to Norming);
- TKI Conflict Mode Instrument (Assertiveness vs. Cooperativeness);
- Five Dysfunctions Model (Identification of workplace politics and team dysfunctions);
- Personality Assessments (Myers Briggs Type Indicator);
- “Keep, Stop, Start”;
- Non-traditional Team-Building Activities.
We can incorporate any of the above you might recognize and prefer. We will work with you to determine what tools are best suited for needs.
CHS retreats are designed to impart:
- Approaches to more effective management and leadership;
- Strategies for improved communication between colleagues and managers/leaders;
- A greater awareness of existing or potential causes of disharmony that impacts an agency’s productivity and culture;
- A greater understanding of team members’ styles, values, and approaches to the work;
- Increased “soft skills” & “emotional intelligence” knowledge and proficiencies;
- Skills for defusing tension and building cohesion in the workplace;
- The identification of environmental or structural aspects of the workplace that may be contributing to reported issues;
- A greater understanding of underlying cultural influences (including age and generational differences that result in varying approaches to the work);
- The addressing of “Moose on the Table” issues identified during the assessment phase (i.e. issues everyone knows are problematic but that are never discussed).
When you understand someone better it allows people to have more patience, and gives them interpersonal tools to employ toward getting what they want out of professional engagements. When cooperation is seen as something self-serving, it primes a cycle that takes on a life of its own, and generates positivity and reward for all. It makes our work fun, and therefore more productive.